My Family Flavors

Friday 21 March 2014

POORI MASALA
 
 


Who is not fond of poori masala. This masala is a perfect match for poori. This can be eaten with chapatti also.We will now learn to do this poori and masala step wise.
 
 
Ingredients:
 
 
Boiled potato - 4 nos.(don't mash after cooking, but cut into cubes).
Carrot - 1/4 cut into smallpieces
Big onion- 1 cut into thin stripes.
Tomato - 1 small piece
 
 
 
 
 
To temper:
 
Oil - 2 tsp
Mustard - little
Jeera - little
Chana dal - 1 tbsp.
Urad dal - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - pinch.
Garlic -  4-5 pods
Green chilli - 3
curry leaves - 4 or 5 leaves
 
 
PROCEDURE:
 
 
1) After  tempering as shown in the above picture  add turmeric powder, tomato and carrot and give it a fry for 2-3 mins.Add little salt to vegetables.
 
 
 
3)Then add boiled potato cubes and pour 2 cups of water and let it boil for 10 mins in medium heat.Add necessary salt.




 
 
Now finally add cornflour mixed with water for thickening..
 



Now the yummy masala is ready

 

POORI

 
I made medium sized poori due to the  size of the pan I had. As everything was in packing kindly bear with my dishes .They are not as attractive to display.Mixing for poori is the same as for chaapthi but I added little rava to that to make it pluffy for a long time. You can add hot oil when mixing the dough  for extra crispness.
 
 





                                (This picture is from other source. Somehome I missed taking snap of this step.I will POST my own picture during my next poori making process).



    
 

Now after deep frying in the oil the poori turns out too fluffy.


 


SERVE HOT AND ENJOY!!!! 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment